Monday, January 4, 2010

A Few Updates

As you could see, I came back from Phuket with some strange feelings; it was not a rosy paradise, surprisingly. But I have to say I am thankful that I did not suffer the same fate as my travel partner Charles, who not only had his wallet stolen on Koh Phi Phi, but who was feeling sick on Saturday morning ( we thought from an incredibly powerful hangover), but who called me today from the hospital, with an initial diagnosis of Malaria. 

Ouch. Some strange feelings, indeed.

I got a New Year's Present from my student Nim. It is a box of "Mao Jee," which appears to be biscuits of some sort. I find myself strangely touched by it. Also, Nim Chimpsky, hahaha.

Also, I am now what the Thais call "tduhm," or "dark," after coming back from the beach looking like an Italian. Don't worry, Thai people--give me three days of seclusion in my bedroom and I'll be back to the pale Farang you know and tolerate.

Oh, and I just searched through my Gmail contacts and added all students from last semester as friends. God I'm excited to see their profiles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment