Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chiang Rai Trek: The Car Ride

It was me and 7 Thai people. Cartoon, another former student named Fah, and five of Cartoon's friends, all of whom she knew from bowling. Three Thai men, four Thai women. My coming along meant that someone had to sit in the middle of one of the cars, so I felt bad from the beginning. Then I felt really bad when Cartoon made the driver put in his CD of English songs for the two and a half hour drive up to where we would stay for the night. Then I felt really, really, really bad when I heard what the songs were, especially after the CD had played for the fifth time on the drive. Among the songs I heard five times, in a three-person back seat of a 93 Camry:

Eh Eh - Lady Gaga
21 Guns - Green Day
Hot and Cold - Katy Perry
1, 2, 3, 4 - Plain White Ts
Crazy - Pitbull
I Got A Feeling - Black Eyed Peas

Plus about four more.

I now know all of the words to all of these songs. Also, I hate them even more than I did when I didn't know what they are. And there's nothing else I can say. Eh eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment