Saturday, August 29, 2009

So Now We're Playing This Game

Canceled my Thai lesson to take a personal day.

I can't help but chuckle every time I say that, because I think back to my Clay Aiken-ish senior year English teacher, whose best quality might have been that, every time he watched American Beauty over the weekend, he would take Monday off to "find himself." So we knew that every time he wasn't in class on a Monday, he had probably watched American Beauty over the weekend again.

Heh. Well, in case you couldn't tell, I had a bit of a Thai overload when I woke up, and frankly I still have a bit of a headache. But this cheered me up some. The email back from my Thai tutor, in its entirety:

ไม่เป็นไรค่ะ แล้วเจอกันวันพุธนะคะ ตอนหนึ่งทุ่ม

สุรัตน์ค่ะ

The very fact that I can tell that this isn't a menu item means that I have at least learned something here. See you Wednesday, Surat.

Edit: Doesn't this look a little like Hebrew? Someone back me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment