Monday, August 17, 2009

Hell Day Complete ( I Hope. It's only 2:35 P.M.)

Ugh, hell day complete.

It actually went fairly well: the trolley driver didn't understand what I meant when I asked where the "crinic" was, but he understood "clinic" much better and my crinic/clinic stay was fast and efficient.

Weight update: I am now 73 kgs, which the Googs tells me is equivalent to 161 pounds. That puts my weight loss around 17 pounds so far.

Send Skittles!

Getting a picture taken went well, but this is the fourth time I've had to do it, so I'm basically a pro at asking for 5 x 6s with the white background. This time I went to a professional place, which cost an outrageous 4 dollars for 6 pictures, even though I only needed 3 for God's sake. I have so many wallet photos now, you guys--and they are pictures of me from when I am skinny and tan, too! I wonder if my agent will be able to blow these up for my glossies.

Because bad things come in threes, today was also rent day, which was a huge confusion for everyone involved, except for me. I just stood there with the precise amount of money in my hand as my landlady, the building owner, and two secretaries ran around screaming at each other looking for papers and receipts and documents etc. etc etc. Finally they took my money and I was off.

Because bad things come in fours, my Internet cache ran out today, but luckily I had bought another month when I first moved in. Of course that one didn't work, and explaining that my card wasn't working turned out to be the biggest hassle of the day. No, I will not pay for another month: I paid for this one already. But it doesn't work. Yes, it is part of a three month package. No, I do not want another three month package; I want the final months that I have coming for me. No, I will not pay for another month: I paid for this one already. But it doesn't work.

In a parallel universe I am holding this conversation in half-Thai/half-English for all eternity while Argentinian authors grin down on me from Heaven.

Anyway, I'm on the 'Net starring Sandra Bullock now, in time to see that the Braves sucked it up today and that Pitchfork started their top 500 songs of the Aughts countdown.

Pitchfork, as you might know if you live in Williamsburg, is the needlessly snobbish indie music tastemaker that for whatever reason has a bit of a guilty pleasure (or, more likely, ironic pleasure) for disposable pop and rock. So here are the big idiotic popular rap and pop songs from Pitchfork's list:

495. Weezer - Island in the Sun
434. Madonna - Don't Tell Me
433. DJ Khaled (ft. T.I., Akon, Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Birdman, and Lil Wayne) - We Takin' Over
381. Crime Mob - Knuck If You Buck
359. Young Jeezy (ft. Jay Z) - Go Crazy
351. Rich Boy - Throw Some D's
308. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
306. Dr. Dre - The Next Episode
303. Mystikal - Shake Ya Ass
291. Missy Elliott - Pass That Dutch
276. The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love
251. Eminem - Without Me
244. The Hives - Hate To Say I Told You So
238. Estelle (feat. Kanye West) - American Boy
222. Three 6 Mafia - Sippin on Some Syrup
219. Lil Mama - Lip Gloss

Stay tuned for Toxic by Britney Spears and Single Ladies by Beyonce.


I would also be remiss if I did not say that "The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth" and "The Modern Leper" in the high 300s--that would be, just behind the stirring anthem that is "Throw Some D's On That Bitch"-- aree both way, way too low.

Also, the biggest mover of the year must be "Walcott" by Vampire Weekend, which was not one of the Top 100 Tracks of 2008 but is now the 327th Best Track of the Decade. Funny how things like that work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment