Saturday, July 25, 2009

Too cute not to share

So I am grading my freshymen personal ads that I made them write for practice with their English/my own personal enjoyment. They had to mimic American personal ads, and write a paragraph or so introducing themselves, saying who they are, what they like to do, and what they are looking for in a partner.

At the risk of major ethical violations, here are some of the personal ads of these adorable, brilliant young lads and lassies of English 101.

*****

My name's Parnparitra T-------- and my nickname is Pakwhan. I was born in Decamber 13 1990. I have one older sister. I study in Mass Communication Chiang Mai University.

I think my personality's friendly smile and funny but sometime I'm crazy girl. In my free time I like to dance with the Thai songs. I very like the sound of Thai songs and I like to read magazine very much. The important thing is I like handsome boy but he's more clever than me everything that I said about the man it mainly that man who can take care me and my heart in every time.

Now I want a something for transportation and something it didn't a big thing but it can use for transportation more fast and if I finished at the frist term, I want to see the condominium for live.

*********

My name is Rattarak M-------- and my nickname is Mong. I was born in December 09 1991. I have 1 older brother. Now, I'm study at faculty of ENG CMU: major electrical engineering.

I think my personality's smile funny and Romantic but someone say Mong's long-term relationship and intelligent boy. In my free time I like to enjoy with simming, tennis, and going to the movie. Sometime I like to share common interests with my friend. I like girls who is sincere human because I think it's the best if you and you girl friend didn't fake.

Now I'm seeking a romantic smile girl for casual dating situation. And I hope that she can share common interests with me. I hope that she's good looks girl but I think sincere is more important than good looks. The last thing, the most important that I like is the love. Because the love's a mean of everything that I likes.

************

My name is Joey Boy. I study at Chiang Mai University. This year is the first year that I study in Chiang Mai. I am from Trang.

In my free time there are so many things which I want to do. Searching internet, play games, read books, traveling car etc. But exercises is what I really want tod o. My Life My Health is the first for me.

I'm Joey Boy. I'm nice polite and very lovely guy. I love to sing a song. I'm romance I think. I dislike smoke. I love to travel around the country with my girl friend and take a very long term relationship.

I'm looking deep down in their mind every people around me.

If they love me, I'll love them but unless they love me, I won't love them.

***********

I'm an ordinary guy named Golf. I like history, travelling, listening to music, and learning new languages.

I'm currently dating a hot, sexy, and "kind of can't loose her" girl. The thing is my mother doesn't quite like her and refuses to get to know her. So I came up with a scheme, I'm looking for a normal and unattractuve girl to be my fake girlfriend in order to frame my mother.

If you think y ou are normal and goot at convencing, contact me urgently. My mother wants to meet my "girlfriend" by the end of this month. There will be money in reward of course.

*************

Hello, I am a single black asian male looking for a casual dating.

Do you want to share your interests with someone you like? For example, playing sports together, go to the movie on a weekend night or having dinner in a good restaurant under the candle light, those activities may lead our relationship into a good way.

Woman with intelligence and good personality easily catch my attention because looks may not be the big problem for me.

If the things between us go went into a good ways, I hope our relationship would develop as good as it can.

["Black" here refers to "very tan," and not African-American. Asians prefer very white skin, as opposed to dark or "black" skin, which is a sign of poverty and working out in the sun]

**********

Warisa C---------- is my name, My nickname is Fame, I'm a student at Chiang Mai University. I study history because it's interesting and look funny. I am talkative and avid.

When I have free times I love to travel with my family and my friends to see around Chiang Mai exampel waterfall, temple, and park. I often go to libery to look a fravarite book and do a homework. I like pop music so I always listen a radio and go to karaoke with friend. I love to sing a song.

In future, I want to get A at my exam and I want to be and air-hostess because I love and fun when I work with many people. I wish I will success in my life.

**************

I'm Khanittha or my short name is Pim. I'm a new freshyman in Chiang Mai University. I major in faculty of Humanities Bachelor of Arts Program in English. I was born in Chiang Mai. I have two sisters. I'm a middle. I'm 18 years old. I'll turn 19 in November 19. In my free time I like to watch TV and surf the internet. Eating is one of my favorite hobby but I find it isn't quite good.

Actually if I have enough I'd like to travel around the world. I want to see new things.

I really adore Rock music. I can listen to any kind of Rock music. But what I'm into is Hardcore or Metal. People always say to me how can I bear listen to this kind of music. Well, How can I suppose to say, I just addict to it and I can't quit. I listen to both Thai and Western bands. The devil wears prada is one of the most rock bands that I recommend. I hope to see their show some day. What I like about rock is a rockers. A boy with a band shirt, skinny pants, vans shoes, etc. They are attractive to me. If they are sincere and able to play guitar, that's awesome. But they have to be a good person, too.

*************

I'm Nong. I'm 18 years old and I'm Thai guy. I'm funny but a little serious sometime when I have to. I like to listen so everyone can talk to me and I can help their problem as I can, but except for money. Now I just looking for friends. I think that better than to nervous about love all the time.

************


AAAAH I love them.

So, who wants a pen pal? I know a lot of them would be really excited to talk to you...


4 comments:

  1. single black asian? sign me up. or, i can be the ugly decoy. whatevs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, i think the preference for white skin is more complicated than poor farmers being more tan than urban Thais...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh right, I forgot you were an expert in Southeast Asian Anthropology. Sorry to oversimplify, Professor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mong sounds like quite a catch—put in a good word for me?

    ReplyDelete